raks kitchen. This can used for all chaat recipes and you can adjust the consistency as per. So now onto the meetha chutney.....
Sweet Chutney/ Dates & Tamarind Chutney - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins | Recipe cuisine: Indian | Category: Dips
Dates (pitted) - 15 nos
Raisins - 8 nos (optional)
Tamarind paste - 2 tbsp
Tamarind - 2 lemon sized balls
Jaggery - 1 tbsp
Chaat masala - 1 tsp
Roasted cumin/Jeera powder - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt and water as needed.
1. Pressure cook the dates and tamarind with little water upto 3 whistles. (This is an easy way to extract pulp. Alternatively you can also soak both in hot water for 10-15 mins and then proceed.)
2. Cool down and extract the thick pulp from tamarind and then grind the dates to a smooth paste.
3. In a sauce pan combine tamarind paste, dates paste, jaggery and water and bring to boil.
4. In between add red chili, chaat masala and salt and bring it to a saucy consistency.
5. Finally add the jeera powder and lastly give a boil.
Once cooled down store in a clean container.
- You can adjust the consistency as per the recipe. For eg. for chaat recipes, be it saucy consistency, whereas you can make it thick and use as a spread for bread along with green chutney.