Mango Burfi / Kalakhand - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins | Recipe cuisine: Indian | Category: Sweet
Mango pulp - 1 cup ( i used Alphonso mangoes)
Paneer grated or Mawa - 1 cup
Condensed milk - 1 cup
Ghee - 2-3 tbsp
Cardamon powder - 1/2 tsp
Chopped nuts to garnish - 2 tbsp
1. Blend the mangoes and take the pulp, keep aside.
2. In a heavy bottomed pan mix the mango pulp, condensed milk and crumbled paneer and start cooking on medium flame.
3. Keep stirring till the mixture starts thickening. This will take around 12-15 mins.
4. Add 2 tbsp of ghee and keep stirring till it starts leaving the sides of the pan.
5. Grease a plate with little ghee and pour the mixture. Spread it evenly.
6. Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the mixture and press slightly.
Leave it aside for 1 hour to set . Once cooled cut into squares or you can have it as a fudge.
- Unlike other burfi's mango burfi will not be stiff enough because of the mango pulp used.
- It is preferred to use sweet and ripe Alphonso ( or Kesar), the king of mangoes in this recipe.
- Instead of paneer you can use unsweetened Koya/ Mawa for a more richer version.
- I used almonds and cashews.